Sunday, October 4, 2009

Negative for the Breast Cancer Gene!! Darwin Would Be Proud...

Yay!! I don't have to worry about Elizabeth's gene pool!! Or not adding to my own by spawning again..

My  awfully expensive (and fully covered under my health insurance!!) BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 tests for the genetic mutation that can predispose a woman or man (yeah, you read that right. It happens.) to develop breast cancer were negative.

Which I figured as the first person on either side of my family to develop breast cancer.

What does this mean?

1. Elizabeth's chances of developing breast cancer are lowered.
2. My chances of having a reoccurance of breast cancer on the right side are lessened. Otherwise, a double masectomy would have been suggested.

Oh-and sorry for not updating sooner. It's been a heck of a week, in the non-cancer sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment