Friday, February 12, 2010

Halfway Through Chemo...And I Know What I Want to Celebrate When It's Finished!

I've now had 6 of the 12 weekly chemo sessions with Taxol and the hormonal therapy drug, Herceptin. YAY!!!!

First, I'd like everyone to know:

1. It doesn't hurt. Like, at all, going in. At least not if you have a medi-port/Power Port . The IVs inserted into a vein can really smart.

2. I keep having to take more medication, for the side effects of the medicine/chemo I'm taking. Which got me thinking of the old HBO program of the 80s, Not Necessarily the News. They once had a mock commerical skit in which one of two women having lunch, complains to her friend about having a headache.

The friend pulls a bottle of headache medicine out of her purse for her friend.

Headache woman responds, "But doesn't that give you internal bleeding?"

"Yes, but that's why you take.....(reaching into her purse again) this!! It relieves the internal bleeding caused by -----."

"Oh, I've heard of that. Unfortunately, it can gas and bloating, right?"

And so it goes. By the end of the skit, there are sixteen bottles of medicine on the lunch table.


So, I've been thinking about what I'd really like (it's expensive) to celebrate the end of chemo/this phase of getting rid (hopefully) of breast cancer and reclaiming my body, blah, blah, blah, celebrate my womanhood, yadah, yadah, yadah, reward the "girls."


Really expensive lingerie!! (A shoutout to Hips and Curves store for plus size women!)
And you know, after what I've been though...I want the matching hat, too!!



I'm hoping CJ won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment