Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time vs. Hair

I seem to be in a race of time concerning my hair loss. I keep losing about 8-10 strands at one time-hey, you should see my hairbrush!!

I talked to my oncologist last week during my check-up about the hairloss. She was also surprised that I hadn't lost much hair but said that many people on Taxol only see thinning.

I have a theory on that-I AM HAIRY!!! Meaning, I have more than the usual amount of hair growing on my head. Whether due to genetics or the PCOS heightened androgen levels, who knows?

Am I freaked? Yes and no. I don't want to be bald. But at the same time, I find it curiously interesting-the process of chemotherapy and it's effects on my body, in a very abstract type of way. Kind of like how I viewed my changing body during pregnancy. I AM MY OWN SCIENCE EXPERIMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment