Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Things I Wish I Could Get Done at Chemo

If I've got time to burn (about 5 hours) at chemo, there are some things I'd really like to be able to do....that you just can't. Either it's inappropriate, a public WiFi, or it might come out incorrectly due to the loopiness caused by the drugs. But these would save me some time at home and help me de-stress. Life is just not fair.

1. I'd really like a manicure and a pedicure. (I wonder if it's possible to have a manicurist make a "house call?" Eh, I just don't think I could get away with her being my "support person" for the day.)

2. I'd like to pay my bills, online. However, I don't know what other deviants are receiving chemo and also using the public WiFi, at my oncologists', so I can't.

3. Work out. It just seems like such a waste-I've got all time that I there, trying to get healthier, right? I see how my Walk Away the Pounds DVD might rip out the IV from either me or a neighbor, but one of my tinkly-music-relaxing Gaiam Yoga tapes should cut. I just won't do a downward dog.

4. Work on my homeowner association's quarterly newsletter. It's my job on the board. I tried writing last week during chemo. Again, the drugs interfere. I had to stop when I realized I had consisently reversed some letters. I don't think my neighbors would have appreciated the reminder to "dick pup their dog's doop."

No comments:

Post a Comment