Saturday, August 22, 2009

Now That I Have Cancer, Do I Have to Fundraise for Pink Shit?

'Cause I'd really rather not. I don't want pink cookies, mugs, t-shirts, anything with a pink ribbon other than the "Save the Ta-Tas". (Because I enjoy that phrase.) Breast cancer research is important, no doubt about that. And thankfully, it's very well funded by private donations.

I am just getting the feeling that there is an expectation from doctors, hospitals, support groups, etc. that when you are diagnosed with cancer, that you will hop on the fundraising bandwagon. Unfortunately, along with that stance is the disapproval of ladies who do not want to "buy pink stuff."

Hey-I figure that charity work/helping out is a great thing. However, pick something that you want to do. You shouldn't be pigeonholed into supporting something just because you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment