Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cleared for Takeoff!

As it were. I phoned my plastic surgeon bright and early this morning at 9am to see if he had seen my CT scan and the results.

Looks like the DIEP flap is a go!! Good. Implants scare me. Apparently, I still have loads of blood vessels needed for the free flap procedure.

So, now Dr. Weintritt and Dr. Venturi conference with each and pick a date. Dr. Weintritt says the surgery will probably be sometime in the next two weeks.

Oh, and as for the my hunch about the intelligence level of the Virginia Hospital Center's radiology department; their screw-up was not a surprise to Dr. Weintritt's staff. Apparently, the radiology department has a case of the stupids. Not very inspiring. I'm definately writing a letter of complaint to the hospital admistration.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you get to avoid implants. :) -Casey (maleah)

    ReplyDelete