Thursday, September 24, 2009

Don't Forget, the Pink Shit Month Cometh-Run for Your Lives (Or Wallet)

Meh. As a breast cancer patient, I'm contractually obligated to remind everyone that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month .

Don't forget to buy the pink shit to support breast cancer research. Just make sure that the majority of the money of said pink-shit stuff goes directly to breast cancer research.

It really sucks that every company with women-oriented products thinks sticking a pink ribbon on something makes it almost a one-way ticket to Dante's Fifth Circle of Hell if you actually contemplate buying a non-pink-stickered product that is an equally valid choice. (Oh! The horror!!)

CJ just pointed out that I should ask my breast cancer surgeon if I get a discount on my surgery, since I'm having it done during "Breast Cancer Awareness Month." Maybe there is a coupon from the Susan G. Komen Fund somewhere..."Race for Discount" or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment